I'm a bit nervous but it's almost time for my oldest daughter to start driving. We don't live in town so her being able to drive on her own is a big deal. Since she was about 11 she's been saying she wants a Ford 4X4 that will tow her horses. As you guys know, finding a decent 4X4 pickup is not an easy thing. I've been keeping a casual eye out for the right thing, not really expecting to find anything she'd be happy with. She has to pay us back so it had to be a decent price. As a parent I wanted it to be fairly modern and have airbags.

Browsing through a local classifieds paper this morning I found a 2006 F-150 pick up listed for $3K. No real description. Called the owner up and found out it's an F-150 4X4 regular cab with the 4.6 V-8, XL package, and get this...54K miles. Other than a pushed in front driver-side bumper it's pretty clean. Never expected to find something so decent that would check the boxes and make her happy. Brought it home tonight. It should tug around our little 2-horse trailer just fine. The kid's already scheming on how to pay us back because she wants to earn it. She's a good kid, and a very happy one tonight.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by SockPuppet; 09/27/19.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~