Originally Posted by JSTUART

And let's face it, the poor bastards don't have a lot, nor do they have much opportunity, easy to snicker when sitting in the West but I am pretty sure I would not like to live in that cesspit.

My sister’s family lived in Kenya for several years. My brother-in-law says that the thing that surprised him most about poor Africans in general is their total disdain for maintaining mechanical things. They’ll drive a car until the engine seizes, but they won’t put oil in it. If a tire goes flat, they’ll keep driving until the tire is gone and the rim is so misshapen the whole wheel is torn off. A vacuum cleaner is used until the bag is so full it’s ineffective, and then discarded.

He says at first he thought they were just culturally lazy—you know, putting oil in a car is harder than not putting oil in a car. But further observation led him to conclude that, no, they’re actually very hard-working; they’re just somehow constitutionally incompatible with technology.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867