The incident I saw was humorous, not dangerous. Many years ago we were taking the wildlife trip through Custer SP. Park brochures and other sources of information told of the panhandling donkeys, and advised not to feed them. When we came to the spot where the donkeys were hanging out by the side of the road (much like human panhandlers) it was obvious they were the umpteenth generation of panhandling donkeys. They had hung out in the same area so long that they had worn away the grass, and just before the panhandling area the park people had put up a "Don't feed the donkeys" sign. A donkey approached the car in front of us, the rear window went down, and a potato chip was offered. They donkey didn't want the single chip-he stuck his head into the car most of the length of his neck. It was hilarious-kids screaming, arms flailing, potato chips flying everywhere. I'll bet those kids still remember they day the donkey went for the potato chips; nowadays they would probably have to go to therapy for being traumatized by an attacking donkey.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me