Originally Posted by Formidilosus
OP,

I’ve seen it a couple of times. Each time the person spun the turret to the end of travel and continued cranking- once with a pair of pliers.

Is it a SWFA or Tasco version?

Originally Posted by Judman
I do gotta laugh, as this is more common than what’s reported, according to texts/pm’s, but folks don’t wanna hear from the 24 hcf quality control know it all police.... 🤣🤣

Carry on...

Yep it is more common than is reported.... about 5% of SWFA fixed powers have an issue inside of 10,000 rounds. Versus nearly 100% of Leupolds and Vortex’s.

So what is it that drives you to say and do the above? Is it that you doubt the people who see dozens to hundreds of scopes a year get shot, tested, and used are being honest? Is it that you doubt that those people see that amount of use?
There is no one that has said SWFA SS scopes have a 0% failure rate. Every item has a failure rate. Some items have low enough rates as to be almost surprising. Some have enough failures that it is expected quickly.

It isn’t about shooting a deer at 60 yards. Hell a $100 POS muzzle loader from Walmart and a BSA scope will do that. So all bs aside, how many SWFA SS and Nightforce scopes have you used, and how much use on those scopes?

As posted, it's more common than reported, some folks don't wanna talk about it, as said, due to "the elite " questioning, wanting pics etc, due to the drama surrounded by "failures" .... This is the www, folks lie, folks black their faces out on pics, and some experts ain't who they really think are.... Maybe some folks are a plug for a optics company with a motive... Who knows??? It does appear everyone's "failure" rate is quite different from each others, and folks are emotionally attached to optics....

Again, carry on....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.