Maybe it’s time to put this scope integrity thing to rest...I’ve owed a pile of Leupolds and only had one fail requiring repair...Yes, I got miles behind a scope compared to some members here... I chose to switch to various other optics trying to find a scope that gave quality glass with solid repeatability at a price point that didn’t make my wallet cry or my darling wife bitch.

I bought a lot of scopes. Sig Tango 6....Sig Whiskey 5....Bushnell...
SWFA....S&B....March... Sightron...NF....Zeiss V6-V4 and...

I decided I could rummage around on the web and locate as new or barely used Nightforce and Schmidt-Bender scopes for about the same price I’d paid for my Leupold VX6’s.

As for Leupold, my main complaint has always been the lack of consistent tracking when dialing and the “Leupold Knock” on turrets in a superstition way to get the crosshairs to move or lock in...

I recently saw this behavior being used on a brand new Vortex Viper scope when the owner/shooter wasn’t seeing poi changes after dialing adjustments. The Vortex finally started tracking after repeatedly being smacked. But, the wasted ammo, and the shooter getting pounded from his lightweight, non-braked 300 Roy was frustrating...He wasn’t having fun! He was a solid shooter who was holding steady with each press of the trigger. He finally said after he achieved zero and had 6 rounds left from a box of 20 “What a piece of shít scope this is.” I just shook my head at the poor dude.

I’ve sold off all my big critter Leupolds...I’ve still have quite a few Leupold’s on my varmint rigs, but I don’t dial for small furs. Set and forget hasn’t been an issue, and my varmint rifles aren’t recoil monsters, whatever that really means for a scopes lifespan.

If a Leupold was to go down in the field on me while sluicing prairie dogs. It wouldn’t be the end of the world for me....I know, I know, I’d feel differently if I was $8k into a big fur hunt and I smoked a Leupold scope. BUT, thousands of hunters take their Leupolds into harsh conditions around the world where paying $8k dollars is like tip money to some compared to what they are paying for the hunt.

I like Nightforce scopes, a lot...I like SWFA scopes...I fück’n love my S&B pmii scope. The Zeiss V6 had amazing glass, but I traded it for a Remington SFII Sendero in 204 Ruger that shoots like a Sendero is supposed to...Good trade value in that Zeiss.😉

The point of this long post is....Leupold makes an attractive optic for a lot of people. And, Leupold owners worldwide have killed a butt-full of animals on every continent discovered by man. I could give half a hump what someone wants to run for a scope. It’s his cash. It’s his hunt...I don’t believe I’ve busted anybody’s balls about a scope unless they have asked for opinions or critique.

Leupold’s will kill shît - making someone very happy...Leupold’s will also break and then break someone’s heart. So, what??? I don’t care-and why should anyone else give a rip?

Until someone throws me a grand and half to buy a scope they want me to run...Their opinion doesn’t matter...Unless, I’m asking for opinions and assistance, which I have done many times....Then I want the truth, lies, and unvarnished opinions from all comers.

The Optic forum is one of the best sub-forums to get into a verbal brawl with people...I really don’t want it to change from an entertainment perspective, but, maybe just a little less butt-hurt over any beloved optic product. Just hang pics of dead critters with your chosen scope in the frame and laugh...It’s all good! Unless you’re running some POS bubble wrapped Chi-junk. Grins 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”