Originally Posted by Nrut
Originally Posted by Elvis
For years all I loaded in my Roberts's were 100gn bullets (Hornady SP, Ballistic Tip, Speer HP, Nosler Solid Base) but two years ago I tried some 115gn Ballistic Tips at 2800fps. They performed really well on pigs with very good penetration on going away shots. I load that bullet in my .257 AI now. My two standard Roberts rifles are currently loaded with 100gn Sciroccos and Nosler Solid Bases. When the Solid Bases are gone I'll go back to the 100gn Hornady SP in that rifle as I have 11 or 12 boxes stashed away.

What was your favorite powder when shooting the 100gr. bullets in your AI?
I have an AI that I haven't shot in at least 25 + years and a stash of 100gr Barnes X's bullets that I should get up and running again is why I ask..
Thx

I haven't loaded 100gn bullets in my .257 AI yet. I have loaded 110gn Accubonds and 115gn Ballistic Tips with 50gn H4831sc. I have two standard .257 Roberts rifles and load 100gn bullets in them with H4350 (46 - 47 grains). I thought I'd use the AI to try the heavier .25 bullets. My .250 Savage also shoots 100gn bullets so I didn't want four 25s all shooting the same weight bullet. If I was going to load 100s in my AI I'd try H4350, H4831sc and RE19, mainly because that's all we get out here. We don't have the huge range of powders available to us. Basically the ADI and Alliant lines, though Alliant can be hard to get at times as It only comes in every two years, so we usually stick to the locally made ADI stuff which is good powder. There's a rumour that Winchester Australia is stopping the import of the Winchester powders into Australia so there goes another line.