Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I always preferred the 75g amax to the 80g because it didn't give up much BC and I could drive it faster. Plus the 75g always shot well for me. I had a chance to pick up some 80g eldm bullets at a good price so I just picked up a bunch.

What are your thoughts on the 75 vs the 80? I have an 8 twist 223 ai and an 8 twist 22-250. I also am working on a 22 creedmoor and 224 valkyrie. Is it worth going to the 80g if I can get them under $15 a box?

Bb

I shoot 'em all and then some. The 80 ELD is an easy choice over a 69 SMK or 77 version of same,any/all thangs Nuzzler and more than a few others of the ilk. But as Hornady goes,it's a poor trade of BC to mass,if/when compared to the 75 or 88gr version of same. Hint.

.467,.485 and .545BC's respectively. The "whopping",.018 of G1 BC increase don't do it. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

In fairness...however,I only shoot that gamut in 223,223AI,22 Grendel,22BR,22-250 SALAMI,22-250 Aye-Eye and Speedmire. I'm talking multiple rifles in each,save the sole 22BR in the larder. I don't Valk',nor would I,due 224 and 243 Grendel splendor(s). Hint.

I've simply shot more of the trio in extrapolation on a single outing and through more wares,than The Do Nothing Gang has in their "lifes" collectively. Hint.

Mebbe they'll wax eloquent on the "particulars" of the platforms they are using to "critique" and dangle pics of said Goat Fhuqks,to REALLY drive home their version of "knowledge","experience" and "results". Luckily,Imagination and Pretend are free,so they can "afford" to contribute. I getta kick outta the incredible depth of their very WELL founded Insecurities,conjoined with their Broke Dick efforts. Hint.

Bless their hearts for trying though!

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."