Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
I have one or two at the moment. Getting more, and there is a Tanger Ruger in a fullstock , she keeps whispering to me to send her to JES and let him caress her into a 358 Winchester. I'm all for it. I just have to get the go ahead from Jess. He's done a 7600 and a Savage 9.3X62 from 30-06. The 9.3 being, to me, a long action 358 Winchester. 0.08" difference...……… Be Well, Rusty

"Getting more, and there is a Tanger Ruger in a fullstock , she keeps whispering to me to send her to JES and let him caress her into a 358 Winchester. I'm all for it. I just have to get the go ahead from Jess."

If that full stock tanger is an RSI and not someone's custom, I'm thinking the barrel may be too skinny for a rebore to .358 Win. I have three tanger RSI's in .308 and the barrels on mine and damn sure too skinny at the muzzle. One of my RSI's had a stock that is "thicker" than the other two with more wood in the forearm by about a quarter inch or so,=. I've thought about taking one of the two tangers I have in .358 Win. and seeing if it's feasible to drop it into the full stock and trim the barrel to match. Salvage the rear sight from the .308 barrel but may not be able to do it with the front sight.

Not so funny story on a full stock Ruger (RSI) in .358 Win. At the NRA convention back IIRC 1982/3 I asked the Ruger rep if they would consider the RSI in .358 Win.The dude reacted as if I'd asked his mother to do a show with a donkey. There were a few four letter words exchanged on both sides. A simple no or more realistic, "I doubt it." would have been sufficient.

FWIW, the thicker RSI never go converted to .358 because my wife decided she liked that one better than the two thinner ones.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE