Originally Posted by 7point62magnum
Safety is a big reason for me wanting to go aftermarket. The trigger that's in it, has zero take up. It is against the "wall", it's just a heavy break.

I've heard of people using the rifle Basix sear, but I believe that is for the older Tang safety models.

"Zero" takeup is an excellent reason for replacing that type of trigger. Mechanically there has to be a reasonable amount of takeup or you're balancing a knife edge on a knife edge. A heavy break suggests a dull knife edge which isn't good for repeatability. The thing with Mausers and Timneys is there's a lot of manufacturers of Mausers each with the opportunity to set their own specs and tolerances. So to cover Mausers without a telephone book size inventory you design worst case and require a little adjusting for the others. Isn't hard.

I don't know anything about Rifle Basix other than people seem to like them. But as you may have surmised I'm not fussy about triggers so long as they are smooth and consistent. Can't stand taking up the slack and it feels like I'm dragging the trigger across a file. Beyond that a couple shots and I seem to adapt to the trigger.

Light triggers and cold fingers are a real consideration. First year I used that setup the rifle went off unexpectedly and the bullet kicked up dirt half way between me and the deer - couldn't feel the trigger tighten up. But the deer just stood there with a WTF look. Not too bright are they.

File size restrictions are iffy. Here I did "copy image location" off of right clicking on your image and did the insert image icon. Otherwise images seem to get resized to fit on the page - not sure about that but it displays as I want. Try stuff and punch preview reply and see what happens.

[Linked Image]

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.