Originally Posted by Nostalgiafan
Dan - very nice looking bullets (and rifle). About what velocity do run them at?

Thanks, I kinda like it. laugh

Been using published loads for reference, gleaned from various Lyman load books. I have not run these over the chronograph because of the card wad. The rifle has a 28" barrel which is likely a fair bit longer than the levergun in the OP.

Full charge of Swiss 1.5 FG (~65 gr) with a .030 card wad is ballpark 1125 fps w/12.3 KPSI.
My friend Muffin did this early in the load development process with this load. Bag rest, 100 yards: His 5 shots are centered, I contributed the two high right holes plinking at an adjacent target. This was the day he named it Thumper.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

60 gr of Swiss 1.5 and 6 grains of IMR 4759 w/card wad was the load used for the target in the previous post. ~1,250 fps and 16.5 KPSI

I have loaded some rounds but not tested them yet with IMR4895. 42 gr., Estimated velocity of 1350 fps and 18 KPSI.

Last edited by DigitalDan; 10/06/19.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain