I was the first on both sides of my extended family to graduate college. Then being accepted to law school. Then graduating law school and passing the bar exam in two states one of which was in the top percentile. Serving as an Assistant District Attorney and having helped 100s of victims when I was a prosecutor. I was a national director of a juvenile justice initiative before I was 30 and trained other much more senior prosecutors on this program. Also, as a private practice attorney I helped more than a few falsely accused citizens get justice and filed and argued appeals that made some substantial law.

I operated a successful solo practice law office for 26 years and made a very good living for me and my family that allowed us to travel the world, made multiple hunts in Africa, Mexico, Argentina and almost all of the Western states possible, lived in a very nice house I could have only dreamed of as a child and put three daughters through college. Plus I had a small farming operation that produced a decent income and was a great way to escape the stress my profession.

I have owned and trained 2 labs and 3 german shorthair pointers that I was not ashamed to put in the field with any other dog. A man is lucky to have one good dog in this lifetime...I have had 5 and expect another couple before I am done.

On the flip side I was not a very good man, husband or father until I repented, was saved and Baptized a few years ago. That and some much needed counseling has helped me calm my demons and be the person God intended. If I live long enough maybe I can get another shot as a grandparent to help raise a boy to be a good man.