Well my daughter finally turned 12 this year so off to Wyoming we go to chase antelope. We spent some time shooting this spring/summer and she got comfortable shooting my Tikka CTR 6.5 so we decided to take it. She’s been out to Wyoming with me lots but this was her first time behind the gun. We went with Ross Adney of Beaver Trap Outfitters in Dayton Wyoming. I’ve known Ross for a long time and have recently started doing some help guiding in the fall with bear.

Anyhow. Kaylee decided to invite her friend which this is her first out west hunt too. We headed out a little early and ran around the mountains for a couple days the elk were bugling and the girls had a fun time watching. Then the rain started! By the time Oct 1st rolled around the weather cooled down and the rain turned to snow!! Aside from cold girls and muddy roads it was a blast and they were both successful. Both shot with 6.5creeds and two great shots. I can’t wait to get back out next year Kaylee has black bear on the calendar already for next year!!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]