Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I was a geometry dropout, but I'm pretty sure a deer in close to a 30' high stand is going to present a narrower target than from a 15' one unless their body is perfectly round At any rate, moving slowly and while a deer is looking elsewhere works well, unless you need a running start to draw a heavy bow.

Here, especially early in the season in heavy cover, 20 yards is a longish typical range. Killed some closer from low stands and on the ground.

At any rate, you're welcome to all those 30+ feet stands. I can't concentrate simultaneously on hunting and fervent prayer.

A 6" circle, is still 6" at twenty or thirty yards from 20 feet to 30 feet! you are just aiming for a different angle through the animal. Knowing the kill zone from all angles is the key!

Clearly the stand position eclipsed you!!!!! Why would you put a stand that close to a trail?

I have no problems drawing any of my bows. Nor do I have a problem cancelling my position. But the fact of the matter still remains that animals see movement very very well! Taking away any advantage of that is never a bad thing. Using every trick in the books will help anyone kill more game.

Some locations won't allow for a high stand and that is fine. But if I can hunt it on the high side I am going to every time. For guys that are afraid of heights I get it, keep it in your comfort zone.

Not any circle in deer I shoot. Targets are oblong for vitals, not round. Unfortunately. And going up narrows the target to a degree no matter, since its not round, of course if your vitals are the heart only, yep fairly round. I get the idea, like shooting the brain shot, same target mostly, just center the sphere from whatever angle.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....