Spent last weekend in Wyoming hunting antelope. Took my .257 Roberts and 100g TTSX. Would have preferred 110g AB but only had a few left and couldn't find any. No problem, the TTSX were chrono'd at 3175fps and were shooting very well the week before.

This was second weekend for antelope and they were spooked. Getting inside 700 yards was difficult and then there was the wind. It was Wyoming, so high winds were expected.

Persistence and trickery paid off. I got my first one at 116 and the second at about 220. Then Daughter #1 used the Roberts to get hers at a little over 300.

First antelope had a thumb-sized hole through the nearside lung. Second lung was just red, grainy goo. Still, she made it about 75yards before she wobbled and fell over.

The second and third ones were shot at the base of the neck. Mine dropped instantly. Thought Daughter #1 had missed, as I saw dust fly behind it, but before I could say "missed". it hit the ground dead.

Two DRTs and one dead on its feet. Can't complain. smile

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.