First off, just a little background on me, take it for what you will. I'm a varmint hunter and avid recreational shooter who spends nearly more time afield than not. Fortunate circumstances and prime location, allow me to shoot quite a lot. I'm in my mid 30's and have been shooting since age 4. I haven't had a "real job" for the past 5 years and I live 8 miles from a 400 yard shooting range. I only state this to say that I've been around a few rifles in my life, hundreds. I have owned and put to use over 30 different makes/models of scopes. Most of which have been 1" tubed scopes. More recently I've been "playing with" 30mm and 34mm tubed rifle scopes. I'm an accuracy nut and have been reloading since age 14. However, I haven't loaded much .223 recently due to the price of Fiocchi 40 and 50 grain V max loads. I basically can't reload for the price i'm buying the Fiocchi, so have been shooting a bunch of Fiocchi Factory loads the past two years.

With that aside.......

If you don't care about "Glass Quality", you probably won't care much about this "review" of my first shots with the Steiner. Just get a SWFA and move on.

However, If you are somebody who values quality glass, then keep reading. You may or may not find some value from my drivel.

Scope arrived this morning from Camera Land. Thanks Guys!!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Got it mounted up in UTG Rings (USA Made). Rings are a bit higher than I would like, but worked with them for now. Rail is a Leupold 0 MOA rail. No loctite on anything except the Leupold base screws.....torqued to 25 inch/lbs. UTG ring base screw, 55 inch/lbs. UTG ring top screws........18 inch/lbs.

The rifle is a Kimber Longmaster Classic in 223 that only has exactly 526 rounds through it, (I have 3 of these identical models all in .223). It typically shoots 1/2 to 3/4 MOA 5 shot groups with the 50gr Factory Fiocchi V max load.

Conditions were dreary and it rained a good portion of the day. It rained while I shot and the wind was a bit persnickety. A few breaks in the conditions allowed for "decent" shooting conditions. Left-Right wind between 3-5 MPH reared it's head for some of my shooting. For perspective, a 4 MPH 90degree L-R wind at 100 yds moves 1/10 MIL........( .36 inch).

The GLASS in the scope is VERY NICE. More on that in a bit. I first wanted to make sure everything seemed to function correctly. Parallax adjustment was smooth and accurate. Power Ring is smooth. Elevation Turret is NICE, marks line up perfectly and the zero stop is super easy to work. Two 2.0mm allen screws loosened 1/2 turn are all that is required to reset the scope to zero. The manual that comes with the scope is very easy to understand and even has pictures.

MORE TO COME>>>>>>>

Last edited by screaminweasil; 10/18/19.