Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Josh, if he decides he wants to shoot a 6 creed, you know where to find me....

Awful kind of you Marty... He shot that rifle plenty before it ended up in your hands....

Once he drew his tags this summer, I tasked him with doing research, and deciding what cartridge he wanted for his big game rifle... though I did reserve the right of veto. It needed to be appropriate for Pronghorn, Deer, and Elk. After a lot of questions, and the perusing of several reloading manuals... he came up with 7/08 all on his own... so that’s what I got him. We shot it out to 550 today... and he missed his first coyote with it.... but I have a feeling he’s gonna clobber a lot of stuff with that little rifle over the next decade or so. Next up, is his Colorado 3rd Season Mule Deer tag in three weeks.

Congrats to your son - that is a nice buck. And he must also be a darn smart kid:) He sure picked a great caliber!! I'm a bit partial to the 7MM-08 having owned a few - just ask Marty. Anyway, I'm sure he will have great luck with that rifle, looking forward to many more pictures with him and dead critters!!

Last edited by Oregonmuley; 10/22/19.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"