Ok I've been a member here for years but I've never posted here. I've shot a .300 win mag for 30+ years and have killed everything from groundhog to black bear with it. It's a older BDL made back in the late 80's and I'm not getting the accuracy I used to get. So anyhow I started looking for a replacement and after lots of research and believe me lots my eye kept coming back to Bergara. Well I ordered me a brand new Bergara Ridge in .300 Win Mag. I have not shot it yet because I've got to wait due to unforeseen circumstances and I've never owned one a SWFA on Black Friday. Well I've reloading for everything from .17 Rem to 220 swift for the last 30+ years for groundhogs, coyote and fox and so forth but have never loaded anything for a big gun like the .300 win mag. I always shot Rem Core lokt 180's and they shot well but now I've got the hankering to reload for it so what bullet manufacturer, powder and primers? I want to stick to 180 gr and something that gets good penetration, so what's best for say deer, bear and elk if I get a chance to go?

I forgot to ad this will be for longer range hunting than what Im used to like if I get a chance to go out west. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sorry so long.

Mike
RLTW

89-92 7th INF. DIV.
92-93 RASP-Ranger Tab
93-97 1ST BN