Originally Posted by GaryLL1959
Originally Posted by Tom264
Originally Posted by GaryLL1959
Another one of those stories of the type that make me think archery equipment should be reserved for bow fishing instead of big game wounding.

What a stupid comment.

Maybe a stupid comment to you, but I just spent the night in the woods with a very good tracking dog, trying to find another one of those ' I made a perfect shot' stick stuck deer. Shot right at dark, ran into one of the worst cut-overs on earth. Put the dog on the one drop of blood that I found about 40 yards from where I was told the deer was standing, and spent the next 6 hours crawling thru that crap with the dog. Finally found the deer about a 3/4 of a mile from where the shot was made, 80 pound doe, "perfect" shot thru the back of the liver. Seventh one this year so far that I've been called in to help find. I figure that's about 10 percent of the deer hit that the "hunter" actually made an effort to recover. I've seen bow kills that were DRT, some 20 to 50 yard death runs, etc., but seems that those are the exception, rather than the rule.
Yes, deer are lost by rifle hunters, too. Mainly, in this area,anyway, by the "magnum hunters", the guys that think because they're shooting a magnum, (or a crudmoor) of some sort, that just hitting the deer anywhere should knock it off its feet. But the vast majority, probably 10 to 1, of the "I made a damn good shot, tracked that sucker for 2 miles, but never found the deer" stories are from bow hunters.
So yeah, I'm sticking to my 'stupid' comment.

So you are just like the anti gun crowd? Blame the weapon instead of the person doing stupid chit. Makes a lot of sense! I can fix a lot of things, stupid I can not!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.