Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by gunzo

Sorry, Marlin has called that design so many model numbers, I lost count. One plus is that there are many you tube vids to address problems with the model, & how to fix them.

Most of them are posted by people who don't know that .22 rifles need to be cleaned.

I apologize for dissing your choice of arms, but as one who has taken a truck load, only a pick up, but an actual truck load of this basic model & worked two straight weeks of repair, rebuild, & taking 2 or 3 to make one, then test firing all of them to confirm their sell ability, I'll stand by my "opinion".

I've forgotten the particulars, but the experience is burned deeply. Trust me on this, move up if serious about using one for important things.

What was the problem with them.

They're a Marlin model 60 with a magazine fed action.

So far,...mine has been like the eveready rabbit.

What's the problem with them?

If yours is working well then then yours has no problem. So I'll answer a question with one, how many rounds has yours proven itself with. No. I'm not indicating a 50K torture test but the format just doesn't have a good track record. Multitudes of problems arise with most, not all, but the odds are against it.

Heck, the thing might be the best ATV or barn rifle there is on the market for the money, but the subject, & my comments dwell on the use of the gun for self defense in that there are much better choices.

I just want to know if there's a problem with them that I should be aware of.

I stick a full mag in mine then drop the bolt and it doesn't seem like there's any resistance at all. I've shot several types of cheap ass, Walmart bulk ammo through it and have hardly experienced a bobble. One, actually. The first round out of a magazine failed to feed once. That's it.

If there's problems waiting down the line I'd be happy to hear about it so I could address them.

Legitimate questions that I can only say, in the history of the gun it's not if but when. Problems may have some specifics but are generally random, a Yugo type of thing. Sure that goes with any mechanical device, sooner or later. OK , terms we might both relate, would ya rather have a same condition Bridgeport or a Chevaliere?