Jim, you know what's comin' right?

"Don't ever pick a fight with an old man, he'll just kill ya."

Thought I had posted again on this a short while ago, but apparently it didn't work.

Like everyone here I have favored guns for particular purposes and they hold no mystery for me. My foundation for shooting is birds and shotguns. Anyone with that background will tell you flat out that's a game of fit, function and learned skill. One does not "aim" at birds, or bunnies on the run for that matter. It is instinctive shooting and so too will a SD adventure. A good reliable gun that is familiar to the user trumps all in this discussion and what's in the chamber matters little.

I can dot your eye at 50 yards with several handguns and probably part your hair at 100 or beyond with a rifle or three. Doesn't matter because the topic is self defense, and I"m unlikely to use any of those arms for defense. The go to tools are the ones that are dead nuts reliable and have demonstrated this over the course of many years. That includes .22-.30 caliber rifles, 20-12 bore shotguns and a variety of handguns. Crash my door and see what happens.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain