Just got back last night from a trip for antelope. 5 of our family put in for bucks in one unit and does in another, but only cheesy and my Grandson pulled tags. No bucks, just doe tags. This was Ike's first trip out of state, at 12 years old it was the first year he was eligible for a tag. Ended up going late so the Grandson and Granddaughter could finish their sports seasons, and then the Granddaughter had other commitments including her volleyball team going to state so she stayed home. We couldn't get to the area we wanted to hunt for the snow drifts so hunted lower in the valley. We split up with my Son in Law taking Ike one way, cheesy and I another. Turned out that they both got their first doe a few minutes and a couple miles apart. That boy was a grinnin!
Kimber Montana, 308, 120 Accubond loaded down to 2400-2500 fps. Punched both shoulders from 125 yards and kept on going.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Cheesy filled his second tag middle of the afternoon, but Ike decided to wait till the next day to spread the fun out some. The wind came up and made things difficult, but he tagged out middle of the afternoon.
We pulled camp and hightailed it the next morning after hearing weather forecasts of 6-12" of snow and cold weather.