My Dad was wounded and captured at the Battle of the Bulge and freed after about two months. His child hood friend and Mom's brother Uncle Ed is now 96. I saw him 3 years ago and talk to him often and he is still sharp. He was in the 82nd Airborne and went in about 0230 on D Day. Him and 12 others from his original group of 155 made it home. After his group lost over 100 in three weeks they reinforced them, only to suffer over 100 casualties again.

He was then assigned to the 101st and spent lots of time securing bridges. He liked the BAR. Him and my Dad were 18 when they joined up and they are my hero's and I love Uncle Ed and miss my Dad.

My Uncle Leroy was killed by a Jap sniper in the Philippines when he was 19, I sincerely hope my Uncles buddies killed the ungodly little son of a bitch. My Uncle Lavern served in Italy and my son in laws two granddads served in the Navy and were involved in major combat operations in the Pacific Theater.

Every year starting November 1st my wife and me watch the Band of Brothers series prior to Veterans Day.

I carried a 1911 on duty and also a Browning Hi Power. My department issued Glocks in .40 cal., but me and a few others were "grandfathered" in. If by some unimaginable twist of fate I could only have one gun I would have a 1911.

In 2017 the state of Utah passed a law making the 1911 Govt. Mod. the official state fire arm, how damn cool is that. My state of Alaska's gun is the Pre-64 Winchester, can't beat that with a stick!