Originally Posted by Calvin
Hot damn that looks good. How is the recoil? Kimber Montana?

Originally Posted by jetjockey
300wsm 200gr TLR out of a Kimber at about 75 yards on a CO satellite 5X. Quartering front shoulder shot that hit both lungs and imbedded under the skin about 3/4 of the way back after about 30-36” of penetration. I’m guessing an impact velocity of about 2750fps. Roughly about 84-85% weight retention, and looks like only 1 small petal missing. The bull ran about 40-50 yards and fell over dead. The fact that this bullet holds together so well at close range, and supposedly still expands as low as 1300fps might just make this the do everything well bullet if it shoots well out of your rifle.

Kimber Classic.

Honestly, I can’t say. I’m not really recoil shy. I will say that the hole thing was messed up. I took my scope covers off since I was in dark timber, and I forgot to reset my zoom from 10x back to 3.5 after my last range session. When I looked through the scope I couldn’t see chit because the objective was full of snow from some low aspens I worked my way through. I had to really creep the scope, and ended popping myself pretty good, even though I didn’t realize it until I wiped the “sweat” from my nose, which was blood. I always laughed at guys that did that, but now I’m the ass.🤣 Overall, 200gr bullets kick, but IMO the recoil is very manageable. I’m sold on the 200’s from my 300wsm, especially at 9500ft.