This cold snap really got things hopping on my place. I’ve been getting pics of a handful of small bucks on cam the past couple months, but nothing big yet. I planted a big plot mid October and it’s really drawing in the does lately. When the front hit Wed I started getting multiple shooters on cam and had one in the daylight Friday eve. My boy and I also found about 15 scrapes while checking cams yesterday. Saturday evening I took my boy and we grunted up a small 8, but he didn’t get close enough for lil man to take a poke(I don't feel comfortable letting him shoot further than about 50-60yds). It was exciting for sure and he wanted to go back after church Sunday. We finally were able to break loose and head to the land about 3:10 and got in the stand about 4:15 or so. It probably wasn’t 30min later and this big guy came out about 150yds in the plot quickly headed right for a big scrape. When he cut my boot tracks from yesterday he locked up and I knew it was go time. As soon as I grabbed my rifle my boy started trying to jump up to see(sitting on floor of blind playing)and was bumping into me the whole time I was trying to settle in lol. I managed to make a good shot as he was quartering hard away and dropped him on the spot. I shot him with a 120 NBT at 2993 out of a 700XCR 7-08 in a BC LVSF. The bullet entered the short ribs and got both lungs. It barely broke a rib at the off shoulder but didn’t go through. I found the jacket in the chest cavity after gutting him. I'm pretty excited to finally get a nice one on this place. I bought the property 4-5 years ago and have passed a bunch of bucks every year, with exception of a couple that I considered culls. It’s starting to pay off. I’ve got one stud on cam that I believe is a 9 I passed a few times last year, so hoping I can run into him before long. Y’all have a good one!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]