Dave is being kind. I was, plain and simple, freaked out about making that drive, especially if it had kept snowing. This wasn't helped by the downed tree we saw on the way back that day where someone had obviously left the road. I was mainly concerned about not having purchased new tires, like I had planned, and not having enough clearance. The hunt ended up, as you can see, being a great time. I feel blessed to experience Idaho back country the way we do. I always love the feeling of accomplishment when the chore is complete, especially when you have the company of a great friend. I did not grow up hunting big game, and Dave has been a great mentor (and tormentor, which might be mutual) to me. We always seem to have some great laughs, and come home with great stories. Some of the best hunts I've been on did not result in tags being punched. The drive home ended up being quite a bit more treacherous than expected. I've never been so happy to see pavement in my life. Three hours of drifted snow, ruts, pot holes, fishtailing uphill, trying not to look down all the while. After we pulled into town, Dave greeted me in the parking lot with smirk and a "That got kinda sporty on the way out"... he knew I was dreading that drive and seemed to be amused by it all. Thanks Dave!! Cheers, and a fist bump...

That calls for a left handed fist bump bro