Originally Posted by scotts94_z28
Originally Posted by iddave
Originally Posted by scotts94_z28
Great post and nice job. Details on the 280 you're using?

Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen.

Rifle is a pre-64 action with a Llija barrel, in a slightly heavier than featherweight contour finished at 23”. Barreled action is mated to a LAW/High Tech Specialties stock, blind magazine configuration. The barreled action has been Black-T coated to add some weather resistance. Rifle sans optics weighs 6lbs, 3ozs and balances beautifully.

Shoots 160 ABs in front of IMR 7828ssc around 2850ish.

The rifle was willed to me by my shooting/reloading mentor with a beautiful piece of walnut I still have on hand. It’s a wonderful and functional piece of my old friend that I cherish deeply.

I really, really hope he was looking down from heaven on all the exploits I took his old rifle on this season.

Dave

Great gun and even better story. Was waiting for the Fieldcraft to come out in 280 but might just have to build something similar.

Be pretty easy and worthwhile to buy a used Montana of an older variety in ‘06 family, and have a new tube screwed on it. I’d go just slightly heavier on the contour personally, but that’s just me.

The Fieldcraft in .280ai if/when it arrives also gonna be awesome.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.