The early X was definitely finicky, ha. The XBT was better. The XLC was a weird duck as it was so slick sometimes, in some rounds, you couldn't get enough powder behind it for real speed. It worked though. The TSX really opened the floodgate, and now, it seems, the TTSX is both accurate, fixed the fouling issues, and opens better. As said many times, IF you want to use smaller calibers on softer game, if you use a mono, best go for bone or CNS. When you game is heavy muscled, thicker skinned or you want a lot of penetration, they work really well. The compromise for me is to use Barnes to stand up to the velocity of higher speeds, i.e. magnums, or close shots with deer rifles. I have used one Accubond on game ( 180 338 RUM, Aoudad) my SIL has used them more than with .270/140 on PA deer, 338 Federal/180 on mule deer, 35 WAI/225 on elk, and 300 RUM/200 on elk. They work fine too. So hey, yes, they are great bullets too. I myself, still enjoy heavy for caliber cup n core bullets on game. But I like to do a necropsy on them, ha. I want "see" what my bullet choice did. Many, many guys could care less, as you guys know.