I have never ML hunted so after the season ended last year I picked up a ML to extend the time that my son and I could spend together in the hunting woods and this was his first hunt with the ML. We were sitting together at the base of a tree half way up the ridge over looking a creek bottom when a much larger buck eased through the bottom; I patiently waited for him to shoot as the buck followed the creek and then started up the other side of the holler but he didn't take the shot and I'm a bit puzzled so I asked "why didn't you shoot?" and he stated "I didn't trust that I could make the shot", I said "OK, that's good to know" and we stayed put. About an hour later this fellow came in from about 80 yards up the ridge directly off my right shoulder and eased toward us. When his head dipped behind a tree I had to lean forward for the boy to have a clean safe shot and the next thing I know I feel an elbow sinking into my back and I remained motionless. The buck then lifts his head and starts to quarter back up the ridge when my son takes the shot. The smoke cleared and buck immediately dropped as he stood at the shot. Afterwards I asked my son about the elbow and he stated, "Dad, I figured it would help stabilize taking the shot", lol.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]