Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
If one purchases a $99 package and expects the tool, charger, and battery to be top grade, they're in for a rude awakening.

Hey, I'm not a contractor using the dang thing all day long. Bought a Skil brand circular saw, not the worm drive commercial nail pounder model, just a Happy Homeowner model on the recommendation of a construction worker friend. Why buy a big ol' heavy saw when, for my uses, the little saw will likely last my lifetime? And so far, 30 years later, it still is working fine. Just cut some 2" full dimension 2" x 8" boards the other day. Of course, a 30 year old saw needs a cord and outlet to function.

My $99 Ryobi drill and saw combo are still going strong, probably over 10 years now. I was happy with the NiCad version batteries as 2 sets lasted until last summer when I got the Li-ion after they made the switch and discontinued the NiCad.

Now that I'm on a fixed income, I don't see the big ticket DeWalt or Milwaukee sets coming my way. Trying to make do with what has been a very serviceable set of tools I already own.

Now, if you're driving today, you better get that rig back on the road! wink

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?