Originally Posted by shawlerbrook
Check out the Bayou leather slings. A little pricey , but quality. Great for old leverguns you don’t want to alter.
https://bayougunsling.com/

This is what I was thinking about doing on the back end. Just don't want to put a hole in the stock at this time. But, after looking at it some more the ventilated White Line pad provides the answer. It is hard as a rock and needs to go anyway. So I punched a hole through the lowest vent towards the toe and stuck a sturdy zip tie through it and then a 1/4 steel ring onto the zip before securing it. The ring acts as the connection point for the QD swivel on the butt and I have the Uncle Mikes mag tube clamp for the front. It isn't as ugly as you would think and gets the job done for now. A leather strap may look a little better but the deer won't care.

The rifle is badly overdue for a re-blue and a refinish of the wood. When that happens, I plan on making some custom swivel bases and I may try my hand at fitting a leather cover for the butt pad if I don't do something in steel.