Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

But, ATTENTION OP! if your boots are not roomy enough to wiggle your toes in a little or BEING ABLE to add another layer of insulation...YOU risk frostbite and loss of toes!

That's never been a problem with my narrow, oddly shaped feet. Usually I'm more concerned with hot spots from my feet moving around inside the boots every time I take a step.

We got a little bit of altitude in over the weekend. Since we had Monday off, we decided last minute Sunday afternoon to head up to a place in the mountains not too far from here. We took a bus up to about 8100 ft. and then took the stairs (yes, stairs) up to around 8500 ft. We could have gone up around 10,000 ft. there but we turned around mostly due to time constraints. Also, because he's a little gimpy at the moment. We agreed that we have some work to do before we go hunting at 15,000 ft. No other problems though, and that's the highest altitude I've ever been at in my life outside of an airplane.

So, it looks like I might be ordering a few pairs of boots here in the next few days. Thanks for the further recommendations.