The "white box" 147 gr. fmj stuff for 308 has mostly been marginal in my experience.

For one example, a while back I did a favor for a friend of a friend who heard of me as having some experience mounting scopes. He had just bought a Rem 700 VTR and a Meopta scope, and if he supplied some ammunition would I mount the scope and zero it for him? I said sure, in those days I had more free time and it was an excuse to have fun at the range.

The ammunition turned out to be some of that white box fmj stuff, I don't remember if it was the Federal or the Winchester version. I got the scope mounted and had a bit of a bad time zeroing it because of the groups (verging on patterns) it shot. But I was dealing with a new rifle and a new scope, so no solid conclusion could be drawn.

I took everything home and prepped the brass. It was heavy milspec stuff, so I filled it with one of the old school loads with IMR 3031 and a 168 grain match bullet. I used best practices sizing the brass and seating the bullets so the assembled cartridges came out pretty straight despite the fact they weren't built in some of Lapua's finest. On the return trip to the range the rifle plunked those into nice tight groups. Rifle and scope were both OK.

I have shot some Norma fmj stuff in 308 that was quite good, but you don't find it cheap all over the place.