Yeah, it's a No.1MkIII SMLE. You should be able to find a magazine for it. Note that issue magazines were 10 shot, and were meant to be left in the gun at all times. The rifle was reloaded with 5-round stripper clips, or of course one round at a time pushed down into the magazine from up top with the magazine left in the gun. That gizmo on top of the recever bridge is a clip guide for those stripper clips.

Value-wise, the guy who left it behind as collateral for a $100 loan got the better end of that deal I'm afraid. If the bore is decent (good luck with that) then put it into service as a beater/loaner/truck gun-- but only after checking headspace. Those things have a nasty tendency to be way out of whack in that regard.

.303 British chambering undoubtedly, but do yourself a favor and have a chamber cast made just to be sure, just in case Bubba dove further into the gun than what he did to the outside of it.

The bolt head is removable, just unscrew it. The Brits provided various length bolt heads to correct for headspace issues as they were aware of the gun's propensity to "loosen up". Those bolt heads used to be commonly found, but I haven't seen any for years now. Bolt is removed from the gun by plucking up the bolt head after the bolt has been pulled the whole way back. There are Youtube videos showing how it's done, I'm sure.

The code for where and when it was made is on the butt stock socket, RH side, obscured by the bolt handle. Lift the handle and take a close up pic of it and we can fill you in some more.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 11/13/19.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty