Originally Posted by RJM

As to Yondering comment on cast bullets being sized down by the Lee CFCD, that has not been my experience at all. I have shot my .41 Magnums out to 780 yards with zero accuracy problems and 90% of the rounds that I make in all calibers use a Lee die and cast bullets. This die eliminated feeding issues for me in several guns.

Have you actually pulled bullets after running through a FCD and measured them? Maybe with the sizes and brass brands you're using it's still good enough, but it's definitely not OK in a lot of other cases. If you do a direct comparison, in most cases you'll find the bullet gets sized down and neck tension is reduced. The degree to which that happens depends on a lot of factors.

Think about this for a minute - if that die cured feeding issues for you, it obviously sized something smaller. If the bullet started off the size you wanted but bulged the brass too much, then what happened to the bullet when the cartridge got sized down by that carbide ring?

It's better to figure out bullet fit and feeding problems without sizing the bullet down after it's loaded.

Last edited by Yondering; 11/13/19.