Originally Posted by Texczech
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Someday, I may get tired of futzing around with multiple rifles and sell a bunch to finance one of the nice ones, but not just yet. I think they are amazing

I have thought the same thing pappy. I have several rifles that I am happy enough with but not content and satisfied with. After I give away to kids and grandkids what they want, I plan on selling the rest and adding some cash to it and get the ones I really want. After seeing John B's Merkel, I want a ms stocked Merkel and a ms stocked CZ Effect. I also want a custom flintlock muzzleloader. With those three and the 22 rifle and the 20 gauge shotgun I have, I think I could be satisfied.

Ha! Good luck with that! wink

Here's one of the Brno single shots that just sold on Gunrunner auctions for $610 with the buyers premium. https://auctions.thegunrunner.com/l...gle-shot-rifle-236-barrel-czechoslovakia

It's pretty hard to beat the discontinued TCR83/97 rifles if you like a "Kipplauf". They're not perfect, but they're also a small fraction of the cost of a German single shot and they're elegant and well designed. I've had one or another if them in my accumulation pretty much continuously since they came out. Here's the current one.

Attached Images
tcr1.jpg (32.59 KB, 730 downloads)
Last edited by gewehrfreund; 11/13/19.