Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Have a few break-action single=shot rifles, ranging in from an H&R Handi-Rifle to a Merkel. They all work well, but the big quality differences I have found are:

(1) Trigger-pull quality.
(2) Balance and weight.
(3) Visual pleasure.

All kill stuff.

Both the Blasers and the Merkels have excellent triggers.

However the "K" model Merkels have an adjustment on the left side rear that allows the user to choose one of three different trigger pull weights

[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]

Here in Texas, for the most part, we stand hunt rather than spot and stalk. I am a safety nut. I always wear a side arm, and almost always when walking in or out in the dark have my pistol in my hand, but I almost never carry a rifle with a shell in the chamber. Having said that I do like the safety on both the Blaser and Merkel

They balance well in the hand and are relatively light.

Although I mainly shoot with the aid of optics, I do like the fiber-optic irons on the Merkels and they natural way the front and rear sights align on the target.

Both the Blasers and Merkels break down and can be re-assembled at a moments notice and stored either in a soft or hard case

With both the saddle mounts on the Blaser and Merkel K3 or the Recknagel twist mounts(my favorite) on the K1, the scope returns to zero every time.

Recknagel twist mounts on a K1

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.