Originally Posted by ingwe
Don't know what you have planned for it, but it would make a great Buffalo ( Cape) rifle....set up the way you described.

I am right now reading the current 'Safari' magazine, Nov./Dec. 2019 issue, and there is a great article by Boddington on the 9.3s. By a picture of a buffalo he shot with his Montana 9.3x62, it states that 'he used to question the use of the 9.3 for buffalo but admits he was wrong; in effect it's impossible to tell the difference between the 9.3s and the 375s.'

He an a group tested the new 9.3x66 in Zim when it came out (370 Sako) and they all took a buff with one shot each, and two members of the group did the same on two elephant.

He quoted the advantages of the 9.3 over the 375 in; less felt recoil, standard length action, lighter rifle, more ammo in the magazine (usual 5 compared to 3 for the 375), and in his own words, indistinguishable performance on game between the two.

He concluded the article, "I'm now convinced that, short of the really big stuff, the 9.3mm may actually be a more versatile option."

A turn around for Mr. Boddington on his favorite 'most versatile' 375 all-round safari rifle caliber. And I agree that the 375H&H is a superb all-around safari rifle. My first and last Buffalo have been taken with my 375.

I have taken (7) Buffalo in Africa so far, with a 375H&H, 404Jeffery & 458 Lott. I think I may try either my 9.3x66 or my 9.3x62 on my next safari.

Last edited by surefire7; 11/14/19. Reason: correction