Originally Posted by fredIII
LR shooting, results in low impact speeds which require softer projectiles to open. With the lack of hydrostatic shock a bullet that opens rapidly is a great benefit.
The problem is most hunters end up using these bullets inside the window where velocity is still adequate to open even the best premium bullets. Then they bitch that the bullet failed. My opinion is that the regular nosler Accubond is the best bullet for all ranges. I Concede that it’s not necessarily the best at any one given range but it covers the gamut of all ranges the best. It’s just good enough for about any hunting speed or distance.

But when chasing BC the harsh reality is that the bullets that give the best BC have been designed intentionally to be very soft.
If they weren’t there would be a guy that had a bullet failure at 1100 yards and the bullet would be blackballed ASAP.

Agree .
Amazing at the number of threads i've read over the years at LRH , here and other places .
7mm magnum shooter shoots a deer WAY OUT THERE at 250 yards then complains about the LR bullet grenading the deer . It's not as bad as it was 12-15 years ago .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.