Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Snyper
That doesn't change the fact that Trump had no reason to think she would hear about his Tweet while she was testifying. No one should be checking their phones during the proceedings.

It can't be "witness tampering" when the witness shouldn't have been able to hear it at all.

They are (supposed to be) there to find the truth

Trump's "expectation" doesn't change the fact that she did hear about it and was asked to respond to it during the hearing. Trump's tweet will be the big item from today's testimony and was likely ill advised.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ump-tweets-at-hearing-says-hes-trying-to

Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch responded in real time to tweets from President Trump denigrating her as she testified in a House impeachment hearing, stating that they were meant to intimidate her.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) offered Yovanovitch the chance to respond to Trump after he paused her dramatic testimony to read Trump's tweet.

Trumps tweets are the only way he has to fight back against the lies about him.... this is why and how he got elected...

This is what fighting back looks like...... suck it up buttercup...

Here is what Ken Start said on Fox today "buttercup".

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/donald-trump-marie-yovanovitch-ken-starr/2019/11/15/id/941914/

"I must say the president was not advised by counsel in deciding to do this tweet,” Starr, who investigated former President Bill Clinton during his presidency, said to anchor Bill Hemmer during the network’s coverage of the hearing, which was a part of the ongoing House impeachment inquiry. “Extraordinarily poor judgment.”

He added, “The president frequently says ‘I follow my instincts.’ Sometimes we have to control our instincts, so obviously I think this is quite injurious.”

The former U.S. Solicitor General added, “I don’t think it rises to the level of intimidation of a witness, but I think that’s the way it’s going to be characterized.”

He went on to say that Yovanovitch was “a very powerful, persuasive witness,” before adding, “but she has just one perspective.”

Starr said later, “I would rise above the tweet, ignore it. It’s not going to go away. But there is no way to put lipstick on this porcine situation. So, I think, get that behind us.”

Yep I read Ken Starr's comments... the context was regarding the political arena...... try to keep up... wink

Yep, in the context of the political arena it was likely "Extraordinarily poor judgment”, which is why I stated previously that the tweet was ill advised. Anything you say, can and will be used against you.

Nothin like a good bitch slap, ta make the hos jump.

Always fun ta watch.