The industry standard rating for climashield 2.6 is 50 degrees.

I will run it down 40 in a tent with a pad and another person in there doing the same (not sharing a blanket each with there own)It isn’t comfortable that way in a tent alone.

I use it with a pad inside a bivy with my mid layers on down to 40 solo happily.

I personally use it down to the mid 30s in that fashion if it’s only an overnight or a weekend, but I do not sleep through the night anyway, one more excuse to toss and turn isn’t killing my productivity over a short trip. I look at basically any rating and add 10 degrees to it if it’s for more than 2 nights. My rating, or any other company’s pretty much, simply because of the cumulative nature of of how the stresses of being exposed to the elements and active over multiple days operate on and affect your body and your mentality.

If you are running just the blanket and a pad with your clothes on 50 is comfortable.

I’ve had it down in the 20’s with no pad no bivy- just the clothes I was wearing on a couple occasions where it made more sense to suck it up for the night than it did to burn the boot leather both ways in the dark. It’ll definitely turn a survival situation into just another long night

This thing is at its best and most functional/versatile when you’re dealing with upper 20’s to 50ish degrees. When moisture Managment is at its most crucial, and keeping yourself dry, and warm through big temperature changes, and varied activity levels is most challenging. Once weather is <28 sustained we pretty much all are going for more specialized kit, though I still carry and use mine when it’s cold.

Last edited by 175rltw; 11/18/19.