Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Sorry for the suspense gentlemen.

Last Saturday my wife drew a women's hunt on a military base here in Ohio. She was allowed a buck and a antlerless or two antlerless. I was allowed two antlerless.

They gave you a spot to hunt and you had to stay there. So success largely depended on where you were placed. Some couples got a buck and all three antlerless. Others saw none all day.

We didn't see anything until about 11oclock. When a little doe came through the brush in front of us. Unable to make a shot, we were discouraged as we just weren't seeing many deer like I had in years past hunting there.

At 11:50 a little one came out and I pointed it out to my wife and she began to get set up for the shot. She hit a tree directly in front of the deer but the deer just stood there staring. She worked the slide on her Mossberg 20ga and somehow jammed it up with her glove. I attempted to unjam her glove and she told me to shoot the deer, so I did.

Bonus points for stealing it from my wife?

This monster dressed out right at 40lbs. Although I don't have a scale picture unfortunately.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last is a picture of a buck shot in the next unit over. To be successful at dinking you have to be willing to work hard, be persistent, and pass sub par bucks like that.

-Jake

What a fantastic dink, congrats to you. Just a real slammer of a dink. It takes great marksmanship to even hit an animal of that stature, especially with your adrenaline coursing full-bore and your heart beating at about 7000BPM. I’m impressed. Wish I had a dink even twice that big to carry around in my pocket, with all the others.
grin