been there, listen to your family and friends.
My family couldn't stand my ex, from the beginning to end.
both parties need to understand when you marry you marry a family, when you marry with previous children it's even more complicated.

My ex was a cheating and I didn't find out for almost a year after the divorce, everything made since at that point.
Few years later met this gal, who looks wise was way out of my class, but enjoyed the same crap I did.
With the ex I had to pretend to be "sophisticated" , and I am not, I like brown bottles and aluminum cans, simple maybe but that who I am.
the ex and I's honeymoon required a loan, we had a catered wedding and a DJ and all that BS. That b*&^% weighed out portions of food, not cool in my book.

My beautiful bride now, we took a 20 year old truck on our honeymoon,and the wedding included hot wings, we were married in a friend's fancy barn with our family and my boy and best man and ring bearer and had the time of my life doing what "WE" wanted to do. She doesn't care that I refuse to wash my truck she likes the fact I look a little like Burl Ives. For example we went on a small trip a few years ago, we smelled so bad (to cheap to get a hotel) we went skinny dipping in a river. She likes her husbands neck a little red just like her meat.

My ex tolerated my parents at holiday's , my wife spends more time with my folks than I do. My wife while "rough around the edges" fits me and who I am. On our first date, we ended up in a dive bar with a carpeted ceiling, and getting my old truck stuck in a snow drift. I was in hillbilly heaven.
My son's from my ex have learned they respect and tolerate their birth mom, but barely they have always realized where the true love is.

We celebrated our anniversary last weekend, we have a running joke of taking a "selfie" on the ass-end of any statue we see. We ended up on Missoula at the WW1 memorial, Our kids will be so confused looking at pictures when we die.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson