Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

It reminds me of the whole abortion deal; short term expediency yielding bitter fruit. My son was six when I arrived, aborting him woulda been an easy choice for my then-teenage Ex, but she didn’t and now I have a son and a grandchild that thinks it’s ME that walks on water 🙂

I guess my problem is I look at things on an Eternal time scale. One of the impressions I wanna leave behind is that I always kept my word and had their back, no matter what.

That’s how I look at things.

I'm younger than you and kids still at home but I didn't meet my daughter until she was 2. She doesn't know the story, and not sure how we will tell her or when, but I'm daddy and the only daddy she will ever know. She looks like me, so much so my ex accused me of having an affair as she would have been conceived when I was with my ex.
Little girl has my old man wrapped around her finger, what sold him was when I first introduced my now wife and daughter to my family at thanksgiving a few years ago and this little girl climbed up on my dad and fell asleep he had know this cute little two year old for about an hour. I had been dating been dating my wife for about a month at this time and my dad said, "you screwed up the first time, don't let this one go"
Today my wife is bottling beer with my dad and smoking a cigar while I'm at work.
Funny how life works out.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson