After spending the weekend with the fam, went out for a hunt this early AM. Last week to hunt before I head to the great land of Canada to visit the wife’s side is the family. (Toronto).

It was wet, but not as wet as it’s been. Started hiking in the dark. Worked over a pile of timber where I had killed a younger 4x4 last week. Just one doe this time. Headed over to a heavily timbered knob I have seen bucks at in the past.

Did a few doe bleats and and two does came out in the muskeg. Also heard some commotion in the thick timbered knob. The does kept looking at the same spot in the edge of timber behind a big tree which obscured my view. Was fairly certain they were looking a buck.

Took a chance and made a few grunts. Within seconds he was out of the cover. Went straight for me then the doe. Gave me a quick opportunity at a broadside shot and I put him down with a 140 Interlock out or my Kimber 6.5 Creedmoor.

Tougher pack out down steep old growth, with lots of blowdown. Pack was a tad under 90lbs when I weighed it at home.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]