I was hunting on a ranch in South Texas were they brought in a Wildlife Biologist to help us manage the Deer herd. Mainly he was there to tell us what needed culling and it was a free hunt for him. So this joker is bragging about his custom Sako and how he can shot deer over the horizon, I tell him that I thought the whole idea around hunting was to get as close to the game as you possible so you can to make a clean one shot kill. Anyway we continue to piss each other off the rest of the evening, you might say I didn't like this MF. In the morning he decides he going to hunt with with another guy which doesn't hurt my feelings at all. They get in the stand and this guy loads his rifle which is a 7mm Rem ultra Mag and it wont go on safety. So what do you think the old rifle expert does? He setts it in his lap with the barrel pointed up and starts forcing the safety. Ole murphies law kicks in and the rifle goes off in side the stand blowing a hole through the roof of the blind. At breakfast they are laughing about it and thanking their lucky stars that they are not hurt other than the hearing loss. I ask one simple question, why didn't you unload the rifle when the rifle wouldn't go on safety. He didn't have a answer, so the same question goes out to each of you why would you ever test a loaded rifle for function while you are hunting. You should have checked it before the hunt.
TEXMAG