Originally Posted by cfran
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Your move not only blew off a round, you blew your hunting spot at least for that morning. Glad your okay! Triggers are cheap to replace for piece of mind.

How did it blow the hunting spot for the morning? You've never shot 2 deer from the same spot? I've done it a few minuets apart, and a few hours apart.

I shot a doe that was sniffing the gut pile of a buck I shot a few hours earlier.

I did this at approximately 6:25 am, was 15 minutes before legal shooting hour. At around 7 I had a 3 year old 8 pt dog a doe right past my tree. Saw 3 other bucks before 10. Yep, totally ruined the spot.

All done on my land, on over 300 acres and no hunters within 1/2 mile. But the peanut gallery has the answers. I’m getting a good chuckle out of it all in reality.

I don’t use my scope as way to identify game, point the barrel where it shouldn’t, pull the gun up to my elevated blind muzzle up. But God forbid, I checked the safety on a loaded chamber. Sure as hell am glad I did figure out the gun isn’t right. I’m thankful for that. Also had my daughter shoot an 11 pt with this gun 3 weeks prior during the youth season, she was hunting by herself. Thankful she didn’t have a malfunction.

You're lucky you didn't have a game warden all up in your azz asking you to prove you didn't shoot a deer before legal shooting time.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless