Went out opening day morning. Usually have my pick of the litter. Nothing. Evening......nothing. Following morning.....nothing. Beginning to think there is a deer convention the next county over and they are all in attendance. Second evening, went back out at 1:55. Ass barely hit the seat, when I look out and see this spike glaring in my direction facing me straight on. Thought to myself ......spikes get a free pass. After a few minutes the spike turns giving me a good side view. Holy fugg Bat Man, the body is bigger than the 8 point I got almost the same spot as last year. After a few minutes to let the jury come back in, the unanimous decision was to let the air out of said spike. Spined it just above the shoulder. Needless to say, I didn't have to track. Had it aged at a DNR check station on the trip home. Said it was 3 1/2 year old. Why the rack was only 4" spike is anybodys guess.

John, sorry to hear your luck has been less than stellar. Remember the battle cry, "It aint over till its over."
Originally Posted by RAS

Skip Tony’s. Just because you get a lot, doesn’t mean it’s good. smile

Ras, everybody in my posse loves Tony"s. Quantity and quality are up to my low standards. The hunters chlle got eaten faster than a bag of M&Ms in Ethiopia .

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain