Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Okay, first impressions.

No doubt, this is a cheap rifle, but no more so really than say my 1967 Remington 581, just in different ways, clever ways mostly. The front bedding block and the recess for it in the stock appear to allow the same stock to work for both cartridge families by merely swapping the right one in, similar to current CZs. The barrel is completely floated. I'm able to squeeze the stock and barrel together using considerable pressure, but can't see that happening in normal use. The trigger has a touch of creep at times, but is manageable, and I adjusted it down to about 3lbs on average. The interchangeable stock modules are a good idea, though I don't foresee using that option unless I pass this on to a grandchild. One place cheapness rears its ugly head is the butt of the stock which is slick plastic, and the grooves molded in don't help much. For a few bucks, they could have added a rubber pad that would keep it from slipping when leaned against something and at the shoulder. My CZ 455 SS has the same issue, which I fixed with some friction material, but it's a kludge, as the UNIX folks say. Since I have a repaired spare stock now, I may try to figure out a decent upgrade.

Accuracy first time out was fair, but not great, with one kind of ammo. I'll get more to try, and also expect some more rounds fired may smooth things out a bit. I mounted a SWFA 6x42 in Burris Signature tactical rings, so don't expect any scope problems or shortcomings. More trigger time with it and the lighter pull should help too.

Did you check cases for splits? What about the force to close the bolt?

No splits observed.

Bolt is snug, but not inordinately so. A little moly grease made it smoother, but no less snug.

What fresh Hell is this?