I currently own two.An 85 Finnlight 308 and a Forester(L579)243.The Finnlight is all I need for a hunting rifle.No issues at all and a joy to shoot carry.The Forester was more an impulse buy.I'm more a blue and wood guy and have always lusted for one.The Forester is also a fine carry and shooting rifle.I was surprised at it's svelte and all set up(scope)it's just a tad over seven pounds.The bolt lift on the forester is not the same a the Finnlight.Scoping the Forester takes a little more thought and research.You have to be cautious of your ring height and the ocular size of the scope you will be using.The bolt clearance is tight on mine.I tried a few combinations before I was satisfied.It wasn't hard to do,you just have to do some research.Sako did make a change to the L579 addressing that issue.I'm not sure when the redesigned bolts were put into use.Mine was made in the early 1960s(half moon floorplate release).Sako Collectors forum is a good place to find answers on the older models.
The 85 issues that have been reported,I can't comment on.I have neither.From what I have read the "soft touch stock" should be avoided as some say they get sticky.I have read enough about the ejection issues.Mine does everything as it should,never a hiccup.I believe that issue is on some medium(270,3006) and Short Mag bolts.If your looking for an 85 in one of those action lengths it would be well worth it to have it checked or guaranteed not to have a problem.The issue can be fixed,but most people don't want to fix a gun they just bought.If you asked me,I would buy one but demand a discount.Then I would fix it with a $5 spring and have a Sako for a great price.

Sorry,I drank the Sako-Aid.My opinion may be biased.
bh444