In my opinion the 1900 action is a very strong and smooth action. The dovetail shaped twin locking lugs ride nicely in the action. The adjustable triggers on them are typically very nice as well.

I did a quick scan of some old catalogs I have, and between the Husqvarna, Carl Gustaf, and transitional models some seem to have had sights and some not. If your rifle with the Schnabel is a "Swede" model I have seen pictures of them with and without sights. As to the 7x57 caliber on a 9000 model, I guess the rollmarks on the barrel will indicate if it is a rebarrel or not. With Husqvarnas you never know what you might come across. Especially in the transitional era between Husqvarna and Carl Gustaf. I know for a fact that Carl Gustaf grade II models were offered with a 7x57mm chambering as a special order (at least in 1973). I don't have many Tradewinds catalogs with the 9000 model.

In any event I am sure both of you will enjoy your newfound 1900 Husqvarnas. They are a rifle to hold on too, that is for sure.